Friday, May 25, 2012

Success


Born on this day in 1803, Ralph Waldo Emerson; a man whose work I keep meaning to read more of than just his most quoted sentences. But, hey, so far I have not. I like that Emerson would not consider this a failure. This gem is one of his (and it's a safe bet there will be no 'take backs'):

 That even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
I breathed easier when I first read this - so obviously Emerson succeeded.  My folks seem happy I have lived well into my 30s - mission accomplished? perhaps.

Laurels appear dangerously fragile in the singular though, so (rather than resting on just one) these sage scribblings are also good company:

Happy Friday to you!
Emerson image source
laurel image source

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...