Monday, April 23, 2012

Vested Interest

Is it wrong to own more vests than I have collared shirts? If so, it's one of those cases where it's so wrong it must be right - for three reasons:

1. None of my vests look like this:

via
2. I like to think wearing a vest helps lend a degree of smart to my work wardrobe without having to go the whole corporate mile - ugh! Corporate wear can look great, particularly on gorgeous toothpicks with fab hair. I say "Ugh" because it invariably involves at least one of these:
  • big bucks
  • dry-cleaning
  • lots of ironing
  • all of the above
Which brings me to point number...

3. Sure, I have to wear shirts to work and I do iron...but only the sleeves and collars. Then I just add a knitted vest and no-one is the wiser.

Life's too short to worry about a few wrinkles that nobody will see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...